Why does SafeStreets use an applicant tracking system (ATS) for candidates to apply for positions?
SafeStreetsUSA uses an ATS to better manage the candidate submission and hiring process. We receive a large volume of applications a year and want to give each candidate the attention and consideration that he/she deserves. By completing your profile on our ATS for an open position, your applications are immediately entered into our database. This information is then made available to the recruiter responsible for filling the position you responded to and your information will be searchable by all of our recruiters for other positions.
How do I apply for a job on-line?
- Go to the ‘Employment Listings’ tab of our SafeStreets website.
- Click on ‘Search Current Openings’.
- Choose the appropriate key words and criteria for your search.
- Click on a job that matches your interest.
- If you are a first time applicant, you will choose ‘New Resume/CV’. (Note: You will have the option to load a resume or key your pertinent information into the system. )
- If you would like to apply for additional positions, follow the instructions above. You will have the option of either choosing an existing resume/CV or uploading a new one. (Note: In order to upload a new resume, you will need to follow the profile set up steps again.)
- Continue through the necessary steps in order to finalize your profile. (Note: You will need to click ‘Submit’ twice, once at the end of Step 7 and again after reviewing your profile, in order for your application to be completed.)
- Following these steps will allow you to apply for a position as well as create a job profile for you.
How can I edit my job profile?
- Your job profile will allow you to quickly apply for other positions.
- To edit your profile, you will click on the ‘Update Your Profile’. Once you have logged into ‘Update Your Profile’, you can update your basic information by clicking on ‘Edit Profile’ at the top of the screen.
- To edit or upload a resume by position, you will click on the ‘View Resume/CV’ link beside the respective position and scroll to the bottom of the page.
What is a ‘Job Agent’?
Job Agents allow applicants to submit their e-mail address to the system in order to receive notifications of all newly posted positions applicable to the candidates’ skill set and experience.. These e-mails are automated and are sent out directly from the ATS. **Please note: Once you have received a notification of a newly posted position you must still submit an interest for the position. Receiving a job notification does not mean that your application has been submitted for the position.
How do I create a Job Agent?
- Click on ‘Create Job Agent’ and complete the required fields. (Note: you must upload a resume/CV to create a Job Agent.)
- Fill in your e-mail address and choose a password that you will remember. You will need to remember the email address and password that you used in order to log back into the system in the future. If you forget your password, you will need to create a new job agent.
- The job agent is designed to automatically send positions to you that match your resume based on the percentage that your resume/CV is a fit to a position. You will be able to set the percent match that you prefer for you to receive the job alert.
How can I apply if I don’t have a computer at home?
You can apply using any computer with Internet access. Public computers can often be found at your local library or state employment centers.
What should I do if I don’t have an e-mail address?
Internet e-mail accounts can be set-up, free of charge, from several websites. Examples of these are: www.hotmail.com, www.yahoo.com, and www.gmail.com.
What jobs are currently open at SafeStreetsUSA?
You can view open positions on the “Employment Listings” tab of this website. Open positions remain posted until filled or cancelled.
What should I put in the resume field if I don’t have a resume?
You do not have to upload a resume/CV in order to create a Profile, however, you must upload one in order to create a Job Agent. If you choose not to upload a resume/CV for your Profile, you will be asked to list your skills and professional experience during Step 6.
How do I see the positions in which I have applied?
- You will need to log into Update Your Profile.
- Once in Update Your Profile, you will be able to view all of the jobs for which you have submitted your resume/qualification to and see the status of the position.
In order to apply for a job will I need to complete a profile even if I completed a job agent?
Yes, in order to be considered for an open position, you will need to create a profile in order to apply.
Can I edit a resume that I have already submitted to a position?
Yes. To do so, go to ‘Update Your Profile’ and click on ‘View Current Resume/CV’ beside the respective position. Scroll to the bottom of the page and either upload a new resume or edit specific changes in the text box.
How do I reset my password for my Profile?
If you have forgotten your profile password, click on ‘Update Your Profile’ in the Employment Listings section. Click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link and you will be prompted to enter your email address. Information to log into the system will be sent to your e-mail address.
AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED
How will I know that my resume/qualifications have been submitted for the position(s)?
You will receive an immediate email response from SafeStreetsUSA acknowledging receipt of your applications as soon as you submit one.
How will I know if I am being considered for the job?
If you are a candidate under consideration, a recruiter will be in contact with you. We are unable to accept phone calls to check the status of a resume submission.
How do I know if a position is still open?
If you have not received an e-mail indicating that the position has been filled, you can log into ‘Employment Listings’ and view the status of any job for which you have submitted an interest too using a Profile.
Should I submit a paper resume as well?
No – our recruitment process is paperless; we no longer accept paper resumes. Receiving applications through the ATS is the only method that SafeStreets uses to accept a resume.